I'm on a second go-round myself, and I can understand your frustration. When the feelings are strongest it can nearly feel impossible to bring yourself to a state of appreciation.

One of the things that is becomming more clear to me is that loving the feeling is important, but perhaps more important is loving yourself for having the feeling itself. You might go back and listen to the story Paul tells of being frustrated with having to go across town to help his son. It's on the first disk of the Main Course.

You might also get one of Arnold Patent's books. They're available at Amazon. I've found it really helps bring some perspective to the process.

In some ways, the process is a little like some of the anchoring processes in NLP. You are essentially taking one feeling and breaking it down with a more powerfully anchored feeling of love and appreciation. What I've found is that the ISSUES in my life like jealousy or fear, when I work with the process, just stop happening. When I go through events that used to bring up feelings I labeled as anger, frustration, sadness -- instead of having those feelings pop up automatically I find myself responding with love and appreciation first.

One of the things you might try is picking a neutral time, when none of the feelings you're trying to work with are current, and working with one of the accelerator disks, especially the Heart Center one. When the session is done, try working with the love/appreciation that comes up naturally and viewing the event or perspective through that prism. Allow yourself to shower whatever it is that is you see as your crisis or pain with love. Try walking through the event or circumstances in your mind while pouring love on every part and player. You might find that your true power begins to come up automatically when you're going through a similar event.