I think that you might have some sort of expectation about what is going to happen (or what should happen) once you get it, and this expectation may be an obstacle.

You are not doing the feeling exercise to experience the satisfaction of some expectation, you are doing the feeling exercise to fully experience what it is you are feeling and to appreciate it.

Maybe experiencing the feeling fully and appreciating it is no big deal? Maybe it doesn't meet your expectations? That's ok. You can feel that fully and appreciate it.

When I do the exercise I simply feel what is going on and realize that this experience is my creation. It's what I am "doing" right now. My brain and my body have created this. My expectations, thoughts, conditioning, perspective, beliefs, etc. have created this. It's my doing, my creation, my manifestation. It is what is.

I think in appreciating what is going on as a manifestation of your self, of your creative ability, you gain insight about the power in the feeling. Wherever there is a feeling there is energy, there is power, it's creating a reality, a response, in you. That's creative power. It may not be creating something you necessarily like, but it is what you are doing now, and you can appreciate it for what it is. You can appreciate it because it is evidence of your ability to create a myriad of things... to create whatever is part of and results from that feeling.

Think of all the processes involved in a simple feeling. Think about what is going on in your body, all the chemical and cellular reactions. What's going on is creating you at a physical level. Macroscopically, it also creates your life around you, because what you think and feel tends to make you behave in certain ways. It affects your habits. It affects what you are willing to do and to not do. It affects many tendencies, leading you in various directions

Let's say you make a painting. The painting ends up being a terribly realistic depiction of a horrible scene that makes you feel very bad when you look at it. You might not like the painting, you might not like the way it makes you feel, but if you look at it, you can appreciate the fact that it's a powerful piece of work that has the ability to affect you. If you can paint that, then certainly you can paint other powerful things.

In the same way, many processes are going on inside of you that are building the various components that make up your experience. It's all part of you, part of your creative power. It is what you have "manifested." Bringing your awareness and appreciation to it can help you realize the creative power at work in your life. If it isn't what you want, if it feels really bad, ok. Don't let the "badness" of it distract you from the point: you have the ability to create powerful feelings in yourself that lead to a variety of responses, a variety of different thoughts, feelings, and actions. The acceptance, experience, and appreciation of it is an important first step... and you can actually enjoy it.

These are the components that make up every other experience in your life. The good ones as well as the bad. Just like the painter's brushes, paints, canvas, understandings, movements, ability to see, etc. make up his ability to make paintings. The painter can make beautiful paintings, funny paintings, or terrible, frightening paintings. The painter can make paintings that are technically great and paintings that just plain suck. But it's all pretty much the same thing--painting.

I've used examples in the visual system, but the same is true for every other system: think of music being composed and played, and buildings or tools being built. Some well composed music can be incredibly depressing or make you terribly anxious. Some ingenious tools are built for the purpose of torture.... you can still appreciate the process of creation and the creator in each instance.