Yep Tufty,

keep doing them seated or even lying down. Do not hurt yourself.

It took me 12 weeks of daily practise before I started to notice a difference in my pain levels (osteo-arthritis) hips ,knees and feet.

Don't give up as I have been painfree TOTALLY not even a headache for 3+ years now.

Remember to hold the intention of being completely well in your mind and also to call on Master Lin's energy and Universal energy to join yours when you exercise. Also you do not need to do all the exercises just do what is comfortable for you.
Do Small Universe - I found it really helped the energy to get moving round my body - I did it lying in bed at night.
KNOW that it works and it will !!!!

Also do you feel the Qi? It might be you need to concentrate on that a bit.
I forgot the most important piece of the puzzle - remember to BREATHE!
Over the years I have found breathing to be the key. SFQ started out as 'Chinese Breathing'. Try to think of it this way - imagine the air around you, notice that there is, hanging in the air, a patch of golden flecks of light, it follows you hoping you will invite it in.That is the QI,Chi,Prana, Energy.
When you say the password and breathe in allow this golden light to come into you. When doing the exercises( think of how modern medicine found that you skin breathes and thats why Doctors prescribe patches) when Master Lin says breathe in through your whole body know that you can let the Qi in through your skin all over your body.
Try also to do this I find it empowers,
Take deep breaths in and out say in your mind......... I breathe in light and breathe out pain....I breathe in clarity and breathe out confusion.....I breathe in peace and breathe out disharmony.......I breathe in Golden Light and breathe out Gratitude......I breathe in LOVE and breathe out LOVE. Then feel your body relaxing and softening.

There is another energy healing modality 'Quantum Touch' which I find helpful and use in conjunction with SFQ. Also if your blockages have an emotional root cause it might be worth looking at www.emofree.com/ where you can download the EFT manual free.
With bad pain any avenue is worth considering. In the end though it is all down to LOVE, INTENTION and ATTENTION.(focus)

Love and light
Faune