I just left the bulk of this post for another query, but it seems applicable here as well. Hope it helps you.

I've been working with the Diamond level, and very seriously so, for almost a year. My results have been mixed.

It's interesting that you mention Lillian Too, go on Amazon and read some reviews of her books. There is a market for selling all kinds of cures and activations that Too is obviously a part of, and Marie Diamond as well - who sells packages of cures and activations for the new year on her website (it's the subject of a post above this one). There are a few Feng Shui emporiums that give out this year's Flying Star chart, and links to the many, many cures and activations for each star. Take shawn's advice here. Also, I have sought out advice from the Learning Strategies coach - who seems to have one answer for everything, "perform the tubes of light." Guess what, "tubes of light" is not a traditional Feng Shui technique. Feng Shui is considered a science, it is not a form of spirituality.

I've recently been investigating more authoritative texts (check out www.qi-whiz.com for a list of recommended Feng Shui books) on Classical Feng Shui, where Flying Star Feng Shui originates (and the basis of level 3) and none of this kind of talisman approach has any relevance with traditional Feng Shui. Yes, water features and best directions and where to spend more time, but nothing about all of the tailsman items - like money frogs, dbl happiness pics, wealth ships, etc. Read some of the articles on JoeyYap.com for a sensible idea concerning Classical Feng Shui.

Also, there is a huge art theft problem at the moment where criminals steal sculptures from public spaces, and people's property, for the copper and bronze - and it's all being shipped to China as scrap - as reported on NPR and the local paper here in Sedona, where one artist in his 70's had 9 larger than life size bronze pieces taken from his property. I'd hate to find out that my pair of bronze dragon horses were once part of a Henry Moore. Many of the stolen works are huge pieces requiring a crane for their removal. I'm not saying that this is where all the brass is going - but check out some of these stores, they offer a ton of brass objects.

Now, some of these things may work in a law of attraction kind of way - as symbols or reminders - seeing your wealthship might remind you of your abundance, or your expectation of it, but I'm not certain that it has any real Feng Shui purpose. I think a lot of it seems more like wishful thinking. Marie say's that Feng Shui works whether you believe or not, but what is true Feng Shui and what is not?

Things that have worked, or that I can feel a change in my environment by doing, has been curing Poison Arrows (sharp corners of walls for the most part) and putting reflective surfaces (framed pictures and mirrors) along a narrow hallway to move the Qi energy down the hall. Honestly, empirically, that's all that has really worked for me - though that may have something to do with being on or close to an empty line, my front door that is. And that is, of course, Feng Shui knowledge - more helpful knowing before you move to a new space. Marie always encourages you to do the best with the space you have - though occasionally she suggests you just move.

But back to your question, I think Marie does a great job of introducing a lot of the themes and practices of real Feng Shui - which many people in the West associate with the popular Black Hat/Sect (Move your stuff, Change your life), which is generally not well regarded in the larger Feng Shui community. The 1st level has a lot of information, as you would imagine - the 2nd is more of a continuation of the 1st level in my opinion, so I think stopping at the first level, which includes the important Essentials course, is ok to do. Of course, the third level has the Flying Star portion and that is considered the most potent form of Feng Shui. Marie presents the information in an easy to understand manner and in audio format, but you might do as well with one of the Classical Feng Shui books by Eva Wong or the highly rated Idiot's Guide by Elizabeth Moran.

I've enjoyed the course a lot and refer to the manual often. But I think there is more information to be uncovered for sure. For instance, in level 1 Marie say's she will go into more detail of empty and Temple lines in level 3, but if she does, I can't find them. I guess what I'm saying is that for a more conclusive grasp of this subject you will have to dig deeper than just this one course. Good Luck to you!