Like some others here, I'd watched The Secret when it first came out, and quite frankly, I was unimpressed. It was mostly material I'd read, or been taught, before, so I greeted it with a big yawn.

Then, yesterday, I gave it a second look, using the "expanded" version (not the same as the one I first saw, although much of it was the same or similar). It was a lazy afternoon, and my favorite home decorating shows were either all reruns, or not particularly to my taste--so I popped this DVD into the player and watched. I had a good time with it. The cats all paid me a visit, and in between scenes I admired the sun through the new spring leaves, and just enjoyed the whole afternoon. Even so, I'd been going through a lot of "sure, buts" and questioning of what I'd just seen. I was kind of saying, alright, so prove it.

Now, as many of you know, I live in an isolated area. The nearest neighbor is over a mile away; even the mail box is a half mile away. So what happened next is really kind of magical.

After putting the DVD back in its box, I decided to take a little walk and see how the recent rains had affected our ponds. I hadn't walked far when I saw something bright red. I couldn't imagine what it could be. Too large for a flower (especially this time of year), too red to be a ball, hmmm.

When I got to it, it was a big red balloon, with a long, pretty blue ribbon tied to it, with a simple, but pretty bow. Out here in the middle of nowhere, with no wind--still inflated, so it couldn't have been here long.

A bit of synchronicity, no doubt, to appear where it did and when it did. Magical, nonetheless. What is taught in that little DVD does work, and it works very well indeed.

**edited to correct spelling error

Last edited by Jeanne; 04/02/07 02:52 PM.