T. Harv Eker has a very good course - Millionaire Mind Weekend (usually Fri-Sun, 3 days). Check to see if it is in your city (or around, it is worth the trip). I attended his weekend a little over a year ago and he helped to change a lot of my incorrect/conflicting thought process. He teaches with examples & analogy that you remember - definitely helps a lot. I started understanding and somewhat applying the LOA without knowing the term for it. The best thing is that if you buy his book (or that's how it used to be) for $20, you could attend the MM weekend for free. That is priceless. Of course, lots of people are usually compelled to sign up for his other paid courses and buys products - but regardless, attending 3 days of workshop for $20 is priceless.

Also, regarding brain state - I attended Silva Ultra Mind ESP course about 6 months ago. The instructor taught a very good technique (well, there were a lot) where you practice to access alpha state anytime, when you are conscious, by programming your mind with certain instruction - such as when I join 3 fingers in this manner, I reach alpha brainwave state. It usually takes about a month or so to get the hang of it.

I found programming or applying LOA in alpha state can help you reach your goals faster.

"Creative Visualization" and "Power of your Subconscious Mind" are also 2 excellent books.