I like your analogy Babayada. To maybe add some more to your perspective is that many of the suggested things to do are also the most efficient and the most pleasureable.

Wear a smile on your face uses much less muscles/energy than a frown.

To express gratitude also reminds you of pleasureable moments or circumstances and sub consciously you start looking for more of the same. It seems to relieve stress and helps you to relax. It also is an acknowledgement to the Universe for helping you and it wants to help you if you let it.

Pleasure, usually is pretty stress free and in pursuit of it you feel happy and "in the zone".

You notice that the amount of effort it takes to accomplish things seems like much less. When you're having fun the time flies by and wish it would never end. "Come on Kids, it's time for bed". Try something naturally addictive like genealogy research if you don't believe me.

I have now finally gotten the experience that the Purpose of Life is to Be Happy. Being Happy is the most efficient way to live. If you are not Happy, then you are on the wrong path. You can find happiness in anything that you are doing, it just takes a little mental shift and you are there. Who cares, Do nothing, Be Happy.