Hi

Learning Strategies mentions on the back of their "Thank you for your order" pamphlet that subliminal affirmation programs can sometimes be harmful. They mentioned two examples of cases where affirmations were possibly destructive or led to dysfunctional behaviours.

I think I had acquired a dysfunctional belief system from an Audio Activation Subliminal, several years ago.

Anyway, the subliminal was called "You're Irresistable, Attract the woman you want" The bad effect was that I ended up having bad relationships, and being too kind, subservient, unwise and pulled away from who I really was. It was my first experience with subliminal technology, not a good start at all.

Trouble is I kept on listening to it, because the cover of the tape was attractive and it promised the results I wanted. I said to myself..."This just has to be good, there must be something wrong with me that I'm getting wierd results."

How can this be avoided, it was not some unknown, small, strange company, besides Bantam published it? Surely there has to be international standards imposed on products like this, to protect the consumer? What steps can be taken to avoid this? How do you know you're not listening to rubbish?

Has anybody else here had experience with mind-programming dysfunction installers?

------------------------------------------
I know LS is the best, but what steps does Learning Strategies take to avoid creating tapes that cause dysfunction?
------------------------------------------

[This message has been edited by Grant (edited May 03, 2003).]