Hi Everyone.
I believe that Frodo02 and Skipper above are correct.
I have just read an excellent book, referring to CODEX, and the above bill that is trying to bet passed by April 30.
It is already law in most of Europe and Australia. The policy was developed by the European Union and adopted by the WTO. All countries under the WTO are supposed to follow their mandates, so it follows that the US will pass this bill. I don't think there is anything we can do to stop it!
The pharmaceutical companies want to make more money by eliminating the ease and low cost of the alternative therapies and want to bring them under their control to make money off of it by charging exorbitant fees and requiring prescriptions to get them. The pharmaceutical companies, FDA, and FTC also have control over the additives in food and can do amazing things here ... to make us sicker not healthier, in order to increase the selling of drugs.
I don't expect you to believe me, but there are hundreds of books on this topic. There is an excellent biography of many of these books by many doctors, scientists and Nobel Prize winners, all found in an inexpensive book called "Natural Cures THEY Don't Want You to Know About" by Kevin Trudeau or subscribe to his newsletter or go to his website: www naturalcures com

You can read about this bill there as well as it has been in the works for many years and is referred to as CODEX as it applies to vitamins, minerals, and alternative therapies.

We can't be naive to think that our govt has our best interests at heart. They don't they are part of the corporate machine and they are into Profits.