Quote:

For you in Australia it now already a reality that you do not have free access to natural remedies.

That is not true. We are able to purchase natural remedies. without scripts. Just what appears on the shelves is regulated so that it does not make claims that it's a cure for ailments when it hasn't been proven and provides recommended amount. Here in Australia there are colleges for alternative health and yes it is regulated. For example that someone who does remedial massage is trained so they don' injure the person. Also Alternative health practitioners are trained and better understand the natural health products. People take off with a little information and think they have the cure all. Having these people regulated just provides accountability. And where one gets advise about one's health I see that as a good thing.

And what is being discussed is not an alternative remedies bill. Read the PDF. It's a guideline for identifying who's looking after the bills already in place.

I'm not saying it's a perfect idea can see the benefit of it and I realise there is reasonable cause for opposition. But alternative health options are alive and strong here in Australia. In fact people are able to embrace it because those providing the services have done college training.

As for traditional medicine, doctors, knives and chemical drugs I have a personal aversion. I will go for alternative any day. There is another benefit... doctors here in Australia are also looking more and more at alternative health. Simply because the industry is regulated it's now possible to start proving that it works and people can choose the natural products over synthetic ones.

Alex