Since you're asking me, I assume you don't mean about the NW2 house, but my wanting more info about Flying Stars in general.

The Flying Star combinations are not really as simple as a list of what they mean because there are so many potential combinations. There are, it seems, some classic fortunate and unfortunate combinations - called conditional (1st tier) and unconditional (if a conditional doesn't exist). For instance, I have a 2 (Earth Base Star) / 7 (Facing Star) combination in the south that portends a good chance of fire occuring by natural causes - a 7/2 would be by human causes. That is one unconditional combination. FYI - on a Flying Star chart it is the Facing Star on the right (stronger than the Mountain star), the Mountain Star on the left, and below these 2 numbers is the Earth Base, also called the Time Star. Most combinations are not so cut and dry as a conditional or unconditional combination from what I've read. You have that first combination, and then you then take into account the Mountain Star, then there is the Yearly Star and Monthly and even Daily and Hourly if you care to take it that far - the reason one does this in the first place would be to pick the best day to move in, for instance. It becomes quite a blend, though there is a hierarchy. Certain stars are stronger than others and it is the combination of elements (a strong earth star with a weak water star and fire star, for instance - then in a particular room [bedroom, living room, office], with a particular person in it) that determines whether remedies or activations are needed to weaken or stregthen a particular star to tip the qi to a favorable quality. This is how I understand it so far.

Level 3 DFS is not so much a learning course on Fying Star (nor does it claim to be, honestly I'm not knocking DFS), but instructions for cures and activations for period 7 and 8 floor plans - and how best to implement them. Showing all the stars on each floor plan would probably have been just confusing to many. However, I'm sure Marie could put together a thorough explanation of the weakening, destructive, nourishing cycles and how to utilize and apply them to the Flying Stars - and offer insights into their unique characteristics. Perhaps that could be level 4 DFS. Being an energy 8, I feel I have to get to the bottom and understand how it all works. I presume it takes years of study and practice to get down, like any skill or profession.

A Correction - a NW2 wouldn't have the combo in the East that I mentioned (I incorrectly read the Mountain, not Facing Star, sorry), instead you would have a 9/8 unconditional combination at the front door which portends fame, so if you're in a field such as entertainment, this might be something to keep in mind. By the way, that info comes from Eva Wong's highly recommended book, "Feng-Shui." But this kind of proves a point - also what I was getting at in the first post. That with such an important investment, this kind of information is probably best left not to novices, but to a Classical Feng Shui Practitioner who has studied at a credible school and has been practicing for a few years. It isn't just the house, it is you in the house - that dynamic. The surrounding terrain is equally important. Marie Diamond would probably concur that hiring a professional is a sound idea.

I was looking at Marie's website, and if you attend the free conference for Diamond level DFS (where you learn to make hexagrams) this weekend, and stay on for the following 2 days you can become certified to be a DFS consultant. You have to also have taken her Diamond dowsing workshop and have completed the DFS course as well. I'm pretty sure I read that correctly, her website is down again when I went to check it. I'm not sure how that works - how much more can you learn in two short days to become a qualified Feng Shui practitioner? It could be that they send in the measurements and MD's staff does the calculations? But what about landform analysis, I just don't see how that could be taught so quickly. And what about learning the Four Pillars? I think this is why when seeking out a professional practitioner you have to be certain they really have the skills, JoeyYap.com has some good articles to this end on how to find a practitioner and what questions to ask. I'm sure I ticked some people off with that one, but I think it is just common sense to find the best person you can for any task. No offense to anyone out there practicing Feng Shui professionaly after a weekend workshop, that's just my opinion.

Mayflowers, you bring up Lillian Too quite a bit. I'm not sure if you're being ironic or not, but from what I've read she has been credited with two things - popularizing Feng Shui in the 90's and having a lot of inaccuracies in her books. And now I'll probably be asked to leave the Forum for good for my critical attitude. But someone should benefit from my hours and hours of online research!

Debra talked about the stacks of books and dvds she has on Feng Shui, and jumping from one system to another and how one should just stick with a particular system. I agree and I disagree. I think that by doing some research, one can hone in on what it is they are trying to learn, and find the teachings that support that goal. I think with Feng Shui, Classical is the only proven form - and there are a small number of books in English, and a few recommended schools (in the US), that teach it. Marie uses Classical Feng Shui with her additional color theory and LoA (ok, and then there's the dowsing), and with the inclusion of Chinese folk elements, such as money frogs and laughing buddahs, but the core is Classical Feng Shui. Not to be redundant, but level 3 doesn't really teach Flying Star but rather presents it - you get some, but not all of the process. To actually learn Flying Star, there is no other option but to seek out additional teachings within the Classical Feng Shui tradition. It's not like moving on to Black Sect or advanced space clearing/decluttering or some Westernized nonsense pretending to be (or associating itself with) Feng Shui, it's about uncovering more of a very ancient tradition.