Tubes of Light is a meditation to surround yourself with harmonious light energy that is recommended in level 1 or 2 of DFS to ward off negative energy. I had mentioned that this was a recommended cure-all, somewhat facetiously, at the offices of LSC in an earlier post. Actually, Paul has incoporated it into the Sonic Access paraliminals - which are really great I think. I've actually had some good experiences with visualizing being surrounded by different color fields - but I don't think it will help the Feng Shui of your building (though it might make one feel better). So that was a bit of a joke because it was suggested to me by a DFS coach at LSC to a question that was about a potential structural flaw in my front entrance, "hmm, did you try doing tubes of light?' I also called with another question and I think the idea was to open up to intuition using tubes of light, because that was their recommendation - which made me feel like they might not be particularly knowledgeable about Feng Shui. I'm sure they were trying to be helpful. But, also if the person is not on site to check it out, there's probably very little they can assess for you, which probably should have been their answer. I don't think Feng Shui can just be intuited unless you have a very solid knowledge base; it's more of a science in its structure, form and practice - with interpretive aspects, as well.

Also, I'm not so certain about the move-in-date theory that MD uses in DFS - I've actually switched to the period chart the house was constructed in at my place as that has been the rule in books written about Xaun Kong (Flying Star) that I've read, though as I said, she might be quite correct in using it. I think some of those Chinese folk traditions she's added make me wary. I submitted the move-in-date question for the next call in, and I'm very curious to hear the answer! Most of the programs that Paul and Peter have constructed at LSC have supplemental reading recommendations and also site sources. I wish DFS did the same.

I would consider making a pie shape, rather than the rectangles, in laying out the star chart over your floor plan. You might find that you can place your bed in either the SE (8/1 health and abundance) or NE (4/6 recognition, but also injuries to women) rather than your sickly causing financial loss 9/2 combo in the East - the combo is the mountain star/facing (or water) star. The pie chart concept is mentioned in this months Time DFS newsletter. Think of a pie with eight slices and a pretty small circle in the middle for the Central Palace. This obviously intersects rooms in a way that makes things a little less cut and dry as it fans out. If it splits your bedroom in half (well more like a % wedge probably), for instance, than you can place your bed in that good area. Marie say's to try and see what works best for you in the newsletter - it's also the way Master Joseph Yu lays out the chart. You can also place the whole chart over just one room and pick the best area in the room for your bed.

I think if you have a good feeling about this house in general, that is important. You might just need to tweak some Feng Shui elements later (which I wouldn't intuit unless you're very psychic or something!). And Feng Shui is only 1/3 your luck. It seems like this house has a lot of good Feng Shui aspects too, as you've pointed out. Hope it all goes well for you.

And Mayflowers - I do hope to be at the practitioner level one day. Even though I've been interested in metaphysics for years, I have never been attracted to learning about astrology or numerology or the like, but Feng Shui has really grabbed me. Those are, of course, primarily divination systems, though Feng Shui has a predictive aspect as well and uses Chinese astrology and divination systems. Maybe it has something to do with being a Kua 8 (as Marie might suggest) or even living in Sedona (the Vortex's you know) - not sure, but it really does fascinate me for some reason. I'm also kind of skeptical, as if you couldn't tell, and prone to doing a lot of research - so I'm trying to get to the purest knowledge that I can find. May we all find the answers we're seeking.