Um, excuse me, but a person cannot change another's opinion of them! Alex, I think that's bad advice. The Personal Magnetism CD may help, but other people's opinion of us changes only if we change. Sure, everyone wants to be liked and nobody wants to know that others are speaking badly about us. But the most important thing IS how we feel about ourselves and how we see ourselves. I was a people pleaser for years. I don't really know exactly how or when it stopped. I worked on my own self esteem. I made written lists: my good qualities, my accomplishments. Today I like myself. Though I don't want to hear that someone else is badmouthing me, it really doesn't bother me. That's their opinion, and actually, it's none of my business. Nobody likes everybody. That's life.

D2C, my opinion is you work on liking yourself, loving yourself. You do need to change your self beliefs before you can permanently change your behavior. "Your self-perception determines your behavior," Marianne Williamson.
You mentioned all the ways you thought other people felt about you, and you're right when you say that's probably because that's how you view yourself. People will view us the way we project ourselves, the way we act. Which comes from how we feel! YOU CAN CHANGE YOUR BELIEFS AND YOUR BEHAVIOR!!!! Don't give up. It takes time. Try the CD, but I think you'll still need to put in some effort. Just deciding that you want to change is a huge step. Keep going. If you falter, learn from it and start again. Keep the focus on YOU, not on others. Trying to change other people is a game you can never win. As you change, others' perception of you will change. Let me know how it goes.