Hi:

I wouldn't consider the Holosync as something that would "short-circuit" your brain, even if you had been chanting for 50 years. The Holosync incorporated into the paraliminals isn't all that strong, generally doesn't go below a mid-Theta range at the deepest, and if anything, would enhance your memory, used over time. Used only a couple of times, it's not likely to have any effect other than it's intended one - to aid in relaxing you into a more optimum level of receptivity for the program on the CD's.

I've been doing deep meditation and deep trance work for almost 27 years now, and the only changes I've found with using the Holosync (I am in the program, Purification Level 1 presently) are that my non-holosync meditations are consistently more deep with each successive level, and my trance work has also improved beyond anything I could have imagined.

If you are listening at night, maybe you are stirring up too much subconscious material just before going to sleep, and this has perhaps disturbed your sleep cycle, thus the tiredness and subsequent forgetfullness. It might be better if you listened at a different time, several hours before bedtime, and just do your "normal" routine at bedtime.

Cheers!
Unis