Quote:

Wouldn't the acid in the tomatoes make you more nauseaus??? ILiana

This remedy was given to my Mom while I was still a kid, by a very wise Russian masseuse, who was doing Reiki before Reiki had a name, I think.

Actually, the tomatoes seem to neutralize the stomach acids. I also use this remedy for any situation (stomach flu and food poisoning in particular) where vomiting becomes a major issue. After the stomach contents have been pretty much cleared, have a bowl of the tomatoes as mentioned in the earlier post. You may once more heave, but after that you will be on the mend.

If you do heave up the first bowl of tomatoes, wait half an hour and have a second bowl - which you will probably keep down. Putting warm tomatoes into the stomach (as opposed to putting in cold Ginger Ale, which is full of chemicals your body shouldn't be having to deal with at a point of crisis) also helps if you are experiencing fever, as it will hydrate you, provide you with some Vitamin C to help fight infection, and help to raise your inside temperature to assist in breaking the fever.

You'd be surprised how good just stewed tomatoes tastes when you're not able to eat anything else and keep it down.

Cheers!

Unis