Thank you all for your responses: especially Shawn! Right back at you, buddy!

These were helpful and yes, I do hear in what I wrote my answer...

I should take up golf!

Just joking...

Seriously, Rachel and Gallen, thanks for your thoughtful and very helpful replies.

I do feel back home with SFQ.

Part of the problem, was it was great to have a local teacher, she is a very incredible woman, 74 years old and healed herself with Soaring Crane Qigong over 25 years ago and has really learned a LOT about qigong. I really did learn a lot from her and am grateful to the universe for that entire experience. One of the things I learned was how much (more?) I love SFQ! How much better it suits me.

But even though I was already enjoying SFQ before I met my local teacher and began this year of intensive study, what I learned from her, was very enhancing of my appreciation in many ways.

Plus she had honored me by allowing me to lead the local qigong circle. We would have a monthly get together and meditate a bit, share some food and beverage, watch a spiritual film short (that I would pick) and then have a discussion (which she allowed me to lead).

So part of the process was a kind of mourning. The last weekend was a Soaring Crane Qigong two day introduction to Level I. I kind of knew it was goodbye, but was in denial.

After writing the stuff I wrote here (in two drafts!), working it out with my ADD therapist and reading your responses, in addition to talking it over with my wife, my Dad and a friend, it became clearer what was already clear, I think to you all.

Still, good process!

Although I cannot afford the SFQ retreat in Oct this year (and hope to do it either next year or in the next few years), I will attend Triple Fortune and that will be a good affirmation and support for now.

The SFQ center said that they are working to put together (with permission of course) of members of the SFQ guild nation and worldwide, so that those of us who practice SFQ can do so together sometimes.

Maybe we can also use this forum to ask if there are others like us in our areas who can meet at least periodically and practice SFQ together. I find this very motivating.

Thanks again, all.

Last edited by shakurav; 09/15/07 01:45 PM.

blessings,

Steve