Well, here's how the LOA works in terms of my trying to start an SFQ practice group here in the No Cal area:

A) I renewed my SFQ membership and tried to see if there was anyone in the Guild who might be willing to practice together. So far, three months of trying and nothing.

B) This thread here: three months and no response from any locals.

C) Attended Triple Fortune and was even given the microphone by Paul Scheele to make an announcement, exchanged contact info with some people, have started an e-mail support list, but so far nobody who wants to practice.

However, should one think that all of the effort above was for nothing...

THINK AGAIN!

You see, I am a rabbi for a very small Jewish congregation here in a very small town, in a very small county somewhat smack in the middle between the Bay Area and the Sacramento Area.

I am also a professional storyteller.

And my main gig is at churches, usually during their worship services where I do a storytelling sermon.

Two weeks ago, I did both the early and the late morning sermons at the local Episcopal Church, which also happens to be where my little congregation meets.

The sermon was entitled "HOLY SUPERHEROES: THE SPIRITUALITY OF COMIC BOOKS", based on a book by the same name by an Episcopalian writer, and seminarian Greg Garrett.

But my real agenda was to talk about qigong and healing!

And it was very well received!

And the Pastor, who is an ally of mine, both in my storytelling career, as well as in partnering to build a new church/synagogue for our two congregations has expressed interest in the past with me teaching Tai Chi and/or qigong there at the church. But I have not felt qualified to do either one.

And after my sermons, many people wanted the name of Chunyi Lin's book BORN A HEALER, which I referenced (and had with me! ).

So now, the Pastor contacted me and other people in her church to begin a healing group. And she is interested in having a an SFQ practice study group, which I will NOT teach, but will be glad to help facilitate. Everyone will have to get at least Level I (and I am pushing for them to get the Deluxe Course). Turns out one woman already has it!

So, I believe that sending the energy out there, looking for a practice group "close by" (either the Bay Area or the Sacramento Area would likely be an hour at least, but an hour I was more than willing to drive to practice with other SFQ practitioners), led to this new development:

People to practice with within a 10 mile radius! And just by doing my work!

Now that's the LOA in action, literally and figuratively. And if this does not illustrate it, I don't know what will! How cool is that?

blessings,

Steve