The answer for most people is to use a high bit rate (anything over 200 will be way good enough for most uses and for most people). And use VBR (variable bit rate) setting. I use iTunes.

For those who REALLY want to make sure, don't convert to mp3. Stay with .wav files or AIFF. These are uncompressed files. THe AIFF files take up a lot of space. .Wav not as much. Either will play on iPod and many other mp3 players.

And yes, a little knowledge is why we are here. And as the saying goes, "a little knowledge is a dangerous thing!".

I think the bottom line is that these SleepPhones will serve most people here just fine. I just got mine and so far I really do like them. They did slip off in the night and so did my iPod alarm did not wake me up, but for falling asleep they were great. I played the sleep track from the FAITH AND CONFIDENCE paraliminal, "Helping others" section. and it felt and sounded great.

It seems clear and resolved that anyone in Awakening Level 4 or beyond will not at least think that these are the best headphones for them. And therefore, since I think thinking is an important part of such programs, it is only for people into Paraliminals and those in the Holosync program up to Awakening Level 3 and below. Also a lot of binaural beats programs will do fine with these.

I will report back with further observations about the SleepPhones as I use them more. I may need to trade them in for one size smaller to make sure that they stay on my head as I sleep. One of the reasons I got them was to help me wake up in the morning without disturbing my wife.

Stay tuned.

blessings,

Steve