It doesn't matter how long it takes me. It's relative. Depends on prior knowledge, interest and need.

If you give me a book and I have no interest in the subject I'd probably blow a raspberry and give it back to you. Just because I'm a PhotoReader doesn't mean I have to waste my time of stuff that doesn't interest or benefit me.;)

Naturally if it's part of a course curriculum I'd find a way to stimulate my curiosity and remember my purpose. For me less is more. If I can get away with just PhotoReading and letting the classroom be the activation then that's good enough. I did that for the 6 week intensive course I took. While everyone was reading the text and instructions I just PhotoRead them let the classroom be the activation. When I needed to know more I opened the manual.

As long as it takes less time it doesn't matter. You get better at it the more you use it. You know when the book has gelled for you. And it's probably sooner than you think. Just our old reading habits are hard to kick.

AlexK