Hey,

Shawn requested that I put up this Q/A that I had with him through Private messages.
Here it is:

Aloha JackTuff13,

These are all good questions that would be helpful for others to see and answer. Since this isn't a personal question, consider posting next time.~G

When people say they practice SFQ for 30 minutes or even 2 hours a day, does that mean that it takes them that long to go through that whole cycle of Active Exercises that Chunyi does in the video? Or do they take one component of it and do it for that long.

It could mean just about anything. They may go throught he active exercises on CD #5 or the Video and then do the hour-long sitting meditation after or later in the day.

Or it could mean they're doing two sets of active exercises throughout the day. Or it could mean just about anything.~G

And is it ok to do the cycle of Active Exercises more than one time per day?

Yes. That's not a problem at all. ~G

By cycle, I mean going from Beginning of the Universe, to forming of ying/yang, moving of ying/yang, breathing of the universe, etc all the way to harvesting.

By one component, I mean just doing like breathing of the universe.

You can do one component for 2,5,10,20,60, or 120 minutes if you'd like. OR you could do two components for 5,10,20,60, or 120 minutes each if you'd like.

The recommendation would be if you only have a little time, don't go through all the exercises - spend time with one or two so you can get deeper into the emptiness, rather than changing up all the time.

If you are going to do active exercises and a sitting mediation, then have the meditation follow the exercises and don't do the harvesting of Qi until after the mediation.

Ok cool.

So if I have 30 minutes, I could do forming of ying and yang, then breathing of the universe in that 3o minutes? Then just do harvesting after?

This is probbably my last question.

Thanks for all the help!

Yeppers!

Much Love,

Shawn

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

-JackTuff13

Last edited by Shawn_Grim; 04/03/08 01:50 AM.