My advise. Quit trying to analyse what you're doing while you're doing it. Just do it.

You cannot do something well while you are busy analysing it.

You asked me once what I did to learn PhotoReading.

I told you then and I tell you now. Just do it.

I just did it as best I can. Did I get it 100% right first try? of course not? Could I have done it better? NO, of course not I did it perfectly for me. I learned from the experience.

I didn't care if I could PhotoRead that day or the next day or the next. I just followed the steps and did my best.

It's like when someone taught you to ride a bike or skateboard or skates. The basics can be explained but the balance and how it feels for you when you have to adjust you else you'll fall... that's something you learn by doing not watching, not analysing how you compare to others before even getting on.

Everyone is different everyone has their own pace an own internal challenges. Just do your best and see what you get.

And yes you can PhotoReading books and get nothing from them because you weren't connected in the first place. Because your mind was elsewhere while you were doing it. That's why purpose chant and rhythm are so useful. They help remind you of what you are doing.

Ideal state is just the tangerine technique. You can use the tangerine technique in other areas of your life too. It triggers focus on the task at hand. Works for writing as well as reading. Works for sport and driving. Works for putting in golf and solving maths problems. The tangerine technique helps to fix your attention.

AlexK