Now here not saying I could or would 'untangle' all that can be said about reading, however as I understand it, I could pontificate. <smiles>

Reading could be well defined as any activity which is tethered to 'sub-vocalization'. It would not matter what 'speeded up reading technique' one sought to employ, IF while so employing you were still 'sub-vocalizing' at the average sub-vocalization speed of 300wpm.

You can for instance, read phrases skip filler words and methodically hammer out a page at would count as 1000wpm but IF you are still sub-vocalizing this is still not true speed reading; it is just going over pages of words faster but not really reading any faster. Simply more picking and choosing.

The reading barrier no matter the method is sub-vocalization. Speed reading as such fails for most because of this. And to pursue reading by a disciplined method is harder and most drop out it and slip right back into sub-vocalization speed.

Photoreading changes all that, you can more easily assure NOT sub-vocalizing. And so you will move as fast as the pages turn.

The right-brain, left-brain stuff is of another venue. The brain is holographic and does not store information locally. I would gander to think, the right brain left brain balance and bridging would benefit the 'output' side of equation far more or be of much more telling importance thereto.

Use both hands to do all tasks and that should bridge and expand powers of whole expression.