In what way does it contradict what I say? Firstly I must point out that the correct figure if you want to quote me is 800 eight hundred words a minute.

No one can [n]read[/b] faster than 800 wpm. If you use the measure of 7 plus or minus two bits of information a second the slowest reading speed should be about 300 WPM and fastest 540 WPM since the average reading speed is slower than 300 wpm the average reader is boring themselves to sleep.

Quote:
reason that students stick with speed reading sometimes is because they've been able to bridge the gap between the left and right hemispheres of the brain.

SOMETIMES not always only sometimes.

It is through attempting speed reading that the few discover PhotoReading naturally. It isn't reading. It's using both hemispheres with little conscious comprehension. The people who 'get it' through learning speed reading are able to accept the lack of conscious comprehension and recognise the whole brain comprehension. Then activate like we do picking the passages that provide the desired conscious comprehension.

While they are covering the text at speeds greater than 800 words a minute they are no longer reading. It's not reading when you go faster than 800 wpm.

Not sure how you see it contradicting. Because the speed readers that get it are doing the same thing PhotoReaders do. In both cases it's not reading.

Alex