Jack

2. I don't need to discuss every book I have read. I'd be forever yakking and not doing anything with the books that I've read. If I PhotoRead a book on a subject that I have encountered before I know I haven't learned anything new from the PhotoRead. Whether the book is for me or not is what I'm interested in obtaining from the PhotoReading step. There is just too many books out there and I have to make a decision whether it's worth my time. And PhotoReading and trusting my gut serves me well. Many times I've been encouraged by others to have a look at a book that I had PhotoRead and thought okay maybe I was wrong and checked it out. My intimal decision had always been confirmed. That book is of no use to me.

Conscious comprehension is a funny thing. We have to forget something in order to remember something else.

2. PhotoRead, put the book on the shelve, next one. While PhotoReading the next incubating is taking place. So when I then sit down with the books I PhotoRead the first one again, then the next and next. So by the time I postview (which is a start to activation.) I've had plenty of incubation time for my purpose. If the book isn't making sense I can always drop it and let it incubate longer.

3. Both. I got what I wanted and could tell you about the book.

The Mega Speed reading course came with a video.

Howard Berg has written some books for students. The book I have doesn't promise to help you learn to read 25,000 wpm. It does explain how to read more effectively and faster using his method. Takes a different approach to Tony Buzan's speed reading books. Although both use a WPM approach which I think is perfect for creating frustration. Not all roads can be travelled at the same speed even though you get into the same car. You have to adjust your speed according to a number of external factors. This applies to reading. How familiar you are with the subject will influence your speed through the material.

If you get the feeling you want to access certain information straight away Postview for 12 minutes that helps you locate where the information you are itching to know is located. If you're ready to activate, activate. If not the book needs to incubate. That's why I always plan at least 20 minutes in a book shop. It allows me to do a quick postview on a few books to find what has me itching to know more.

AlexK