Hey Alex,

Well, if I'm reading at 2000-4000 words a minute, then to stop photoreading and go back to other reading habits would take nowhere near as long as 9-12 hours. More like 1 to 3, 4 at most.

And also, when I said I wanted conscious comprehension right away, I didn't mean as to whether or not I should read the book or not, which is what you stated the postview will help with. That's why Howard teaches you to skim the book. To see whether or not it fits your purpose.

And the patience thing I can start understanding now, since they want to get reading done faster. Whenyou say you'll be photoreading at 25,000 words a minute, that's great. That hooks them in. Then when you say you'll "process" a book in 1/3 the time, it starts getting to the point where they WANT to have conscious comprehension after 25,000 wpm part.

And also, the direct learning part. That's not to say that if I "speed read" a self help book in some subject, I can't integrate the skills I learned into my life. That's not true at all. And I'll consciously do it, so I'll KNOW that I changed because of the book.

Any other thoughts?

Take care!

-JackTuff13

P.S.
Thanks for responding to all my posts!