Hi Mike B,
You mention:
"One of the main problems with "self-talk" as S.H. formulates it, is that he puts the affirmations in the present. Unfortunately, this makes it sound, to the unconscious mind, as if you already have the result you are going for. The unconscious mind then simply rejects the affirmation as being untrue."

Actuall I have spend sometime looking for good affirmation. During the search I also read and compare notes form all alike. Most of them puts the affirmations in the present.
Here is an example how affirmation said.
"Affirm that something is happening here and now. Be careful that you are not affirming something will happen in the future. This is actually a negative affirmation, which says, "Oh, someday I will be rich." Place the results in today, rather than the future."
http://www.io.com/~rga/affirm.html

Here, another example:
"Keep them in the present. Say "my physical power, energy, and vitality are now exploding massively," rather than "in three months I will have all the physical power, energy, and vitality I desire." A power affirmation is not always a statement of "truth." That is not the purpose of using power affirmations. The purpose of power affirmations is to create what you desire by transforming intangible invisible thought into physical reality. A reality that most likely does not presently exist in your life. Think about it. If what you were confessing already existed in your life, it wouldn't be necessary for you to use the affirmations."

And another:
"Use the present tense. Don’t say, "I WILL grow confident" otherwise your subconscious will keep postponing your desire to "someday" in the future. Instead say, "I AM growing confident."

Be specific. Don’t say, "I am losing weight." After all, your subconscious doesn’t know how much you would like to lose, so it may stop after you lose one pound! Instead, say, "I am losing 15 pounds by October 31st, this year."

This also clear my doubt what to say and how to say.

Regards,
YC