This may be a case of "your mileage may vary".

It may also be a case of "three feet from gold" (see great true story in Napoleon Hill's classic book THINK AND GROW RICH).

I I have been doing SFQ for almost three years. And it gets more and more spiritual every day. If you are doing Small Universe and Self-Concentration and you want to go a little deeper, try the SFQ Butterfly Meditation and the Healing Our World Meditation at SFQ . Or you can just do more Small Universe. How much Small Universe are you doing now? If you are doing the Level I half hour version, try getting the Level II one hour version (also from springforestqigong.com -- however, it does come with the Level II home study materials which is part of the SFQ Deluxe course available here at LSC). Or you can just use music or silence and a timer and do it for longer. Try adding on five minutes at a time until you build up to one hour. Things change a lot once you go past the one hour barrier of Small Universe.

Are you doing Level I? Level II ups the ante quite a bit because once you begin helping others heal more and more, it becomes much more spiritual. And when you get to Level III (and beyond), it is pretty much ALL spiritual. Less about technique (though there some cool new tools) and more about "love, kindness, forgiveness" and the relationship between spirit and soul.

I am a rabbi and spirituality has been a theme of my life since becoming a rabbi (12 years ago), and before that for about 45 years (when I left the "faith of my fathers" and went on a spiritual search and studied and practiced various other spiritual paths before returning to my tradition, as well as discovering Taoist health and meditation practices, such as Tai Chi Chuan and qigong). I can honestly tell you that SFQ is one of the greatest spiritual tools I have ever found. But sometimes, you have to mine deeper, rather than broader (i.e. go deeper into this one practice, rather than looking for more practices). The SFQ "mine" is rich and deep. It is deceptive really: it looks a lot like a shallow pond, but there really is a deep, refreshing spring deeper down.

I really believe that for most people, if they are looking for spirituality, they merely (actually not so easy for most of us, due to time commitments) have to just do a little more practice to go deeper into the emptiness and spend more time there.

Just my two cents, for what it's worth.

blessings,

Steve