Hi jacqueline,
I'm glad that you did what you had to do. feng shui is meant to be personalize to you. make changes if things don't work. I don't believe in the 9 week nonsense. if feng shui is done right then it shouldn't take that long to change the energy. couple weeks tops in my experience with doing feng shui for others. the benefits and results may take up to 9 weeks but the energy shift can be felt fairly quickly which lets you know it's working. I don't know why it took you so long to make the feng shui changes yourself if things were going downhill for over 6 months, especially if they were big disaster changes. if things get that noticeably bad in a couple months, i would double check my feng shui even if a master did it for me as we know energy changes monthly. that's the cool thing about feng shui. we can analyze future months energy since we know what stars will be where in the coming months. that's the only thing i don't like about diamond feng shui.it's created for lay person. she don't explain the stars or the formula behind it so that you can do your own feng shui for coming future. she does all the analysing for you and give you a chart on what to do. not to mention, monthly stars weren't covered except in her newsletter. Luckily i did my own study research further to understand the stars more and can now depend on my brain to create the stars on the fly instead of depending on pre-analyzed charts. it's useful to know the formula and reasoning behind feng shui. not everyone is going to go in depth to learn it but that's what real feng shui skill is about. to understand principle behind the system so one can personalize it to one self. it's not that hard to learn if you go to the right resource. it's good to compare different masters as that will help you learn more from different perspective.

even if marie is a master it still good to question and do things your way as that is what personalization means. your the one living there not her. she had copper wire sticks in your finance area? that don't make sense as sticks isn't good as it represent stabbing and making holes in that part of your life. i'm thinking in terms of classical feng shui. maybe it was the color that was chosen that made her suggest it, who knows? shapes are a big factor to feng shui. remember, it's not about object placements in real classical feng shui. it's about balance of energy using five elements principles. I learned this after studying the formula and principles behind the flying star. feng shui is 33% of life so it's powerful. Also, not all masters have 100% positive rate in their feng shui. no on-going support don't help either. need that to get feedback and make changes. just remember. masters are just title/labels. it don't mean they are master in this day and age. titles are all marketing purpose nowadays. who declare they are master? they are just another person having issues in their lives like me and you. when i shop to learn things from people, don't matter what field, i throw the labels away and question them (look at their background, their integrity, their intent/purpose, character, credibility, etc...) to see if they really know their stuff. if they are more expertise than me, then i can learn something but no way am i going to be gullible and bow to them like a guru or fall for the authority label following blindly. i call it being a smart customer in my opinion.