I agree with you Shawn in your post.
As for the rods issue. it was posted base on feng shui so from that perspective it don't make sense using those rod as cures. from dowsing perspective, it would probably make sense though. that's what happen when a discussion mix different systems. confusion arise. we don't know if jacqeline consult with marie for feng shui only or included dowsing or how their work relationship was. my response was feng shui perspective since this is diamond feng shui.as for her experience, the dowsing rod cure seem to conflict with feng shui base on what she post.

according to the marketing. diamond feng shui is comprehensive. now your saying it's not? hmmm. marketing hype i guess. it's easy to learn the reasoning formula behind the cures. not that hard. don't make it sound difficult or that it's advance. people are smart. they got brains. you've just tell me the course was dumb down for people. another excuse is that explanation wasn't considered so they rely on the teacher or course. such is with consultation in feng shui. many tell customer what they need to do but don't explain why being afraid losing customer repeats if they explain the how/why of feng shui cure. that's often the case. they don't teach you the how to because they don't want you to learn the skill. they just give you list and charts instead.

i think the reasoning was just left out of the course so people rely on the manual cure list/chart. all the needed background was explained in the course. how hard is it to let people know the elements of the star and to activate it or deactivate it, one just have to use 5 element theory on the star's element to make it stronger or weaker. even the element characteristic was in the 9 direction chart which help categorize potential cure for more flexibility. this core foundation was not made pointed out on purpose so people depend on the list making the manual more valueable. this 'how to' cure explanation is the core foundational essence of application of flying star. it's not advance. one other thing that wasn't explained was the use of yin and yang to turn on or off the energy. yin environment is quiet and yang is lively. so making those environment such will activate or deactivate the star. sometimes object placement cure isn't needed. one just need to hang out there to absorb the good energy. understanding the 5 elements theory application is all that is needed for flexible usage of cure, however, the manual is set up in a way that make one think that objects are how one cure bad energy star or activate good star. look at the 9 direction chart and you can see that there are symbols, shapes, etc.. that can be use to enhance an area. all the cure that was suggested are base on the element they represent. how hard is to explain that? I'm sure this will all be explain in her advance course seminar.

somehow when a system get translated to a different market audience in america it gets dumb down and stretch out. lots of master do this in other field as well. maybe marie's teacher do the same thing calling a beginning info advance but in actuality they are basic beginning according to the culture's standard. of course this is america so one can expect that to happen in the name of making more profits.

I have all 3 levels of diamond feng shui and they are great except for the deletion of some core foundation information to make level 3 more flexible in application. of course level 1 and 2 were more comprehensive. I recommend her home study courses, just not level 3 if you want thorough flying star explanations. it's good if you want to just follow charts and be told what to do without knowing reason behind it. for me. i don't like information being held back especially if it's the core basics. knowing the system is what makes one understand the system, allow flexibility and have better accuracy rate of successful application. can't apply feng shui as a "skill" if you don't know the system. i'm not good with following a guru, another term for master, in blind faith. i'm glad i'm the type of person that learn from more than one teacher/person/coach so that i can go deep to it's essence. her diamond facets in level 1 and 2 is unique to her but flying star is not. too bad she left out core information i posted above as that would make the system more complete in actually teaching feng shui "skills" rather than following charts. so there you have it. my opinion about the course. do check her course out. there is some usefulness in it. don't take my word for it.