If you have a small apartment, you just have to work with what you got. I don't know what level of the course you have or what knowledge you pick up so far with your study in feng shui but i'll give my input.

first thing is to find out your own kua number to find your best 4 direction. find out direction of your apartment building with compass to find good 4 areas of your apartment. you can use compass for the whole apartment or for just the room as well as the whole building depending on what your analysing. make the good area of your bedroom your bedroom. so you have 3 bedroom to choose from. if master bedroom bad energy I suggest using other room. use compass to find direction by using the center of the room. have bed in good area of room set up with the breadwinner's success direction. it's better to be in good energy area than depend on curing bad energy area. More important would be the land forms around your apartment building but that is something we can't do anything about as the building isn't our property.

1. i don't think blinds would be as useful as a shoji screen. shoji screen can redirect flow of energy to circulate around room. if you don't do anything about it, it's ok too. just not enough energy circulation for you to reap it's affect.

2. nothing wrong with kitchen next to the front door. what matters is the energy at the front door which depend on flying star direction. 4 areas that should be good energy is kitchen, front door,living room and bedroom because we use those rooms alot and the energy will rub on to us good or bad energy.

3. as explained above, it depends on your purpose. it usually is measured by room if your feng shui-ing of the room. by the apartment if you want to figure out what rooms are good energy. by the whole building if you want to figure out if your apartment is good energy location of the building.

4. i would say it depend on the energy of the hallway. you can make it bright to enhance up the energy or make it dark to supress energy. since it connected to front door, consider the energy of the front entrance as it will travel to other areas of home or not. mirrors in hallways just make the hallway seem bigger or reflect light which enhance the energy.

5. bathroom ok. nothing wrong with it if kept clean. it's not like we live in old days where it's not modern bathroom. feng shui is all about the energy and it's flow in the area, not about interior design. of course the interior design can help make energy flow better.

so that's my input to help you. take what's useful and disregard the rest.

Last edited by sillypup; 08/15/08 06:04 PM.