since you now mention that it's dowsing cures with those rods, things are now clear. it wouldn't make sense with feng shui cures. i was replying base on feng shui since the topic was feng shui and no mention of dowsing in your post.
I don't know much about dowsing yet, so i have no opinion on that until i learn more about it which i'm learning about right this moment. I do have experience with pendulum dowsing but i'm learning about L rod dowsing right now. It's all fun stuff. People should check it out if they have interest in the energy field or metaphysics. All i know is that different system sometimes conflict another. in your example, it seems that the dowsing cure conflicted with your feng shui. maybe ask the dowsing rod if it conflict with the feng shui set up? or maybe it could of been construction in bad annual direction/hanging out in bad combination of monthly and yearly star or your destiny chart ( bazhi or 4 pillars of destiny) of bad luck during those times of hardship which is one of the 33% influence? whatever it was that made things difficult. i am glad your back into prosperous road.