Title the ABC list with a subject.

It can be an aspect of your studies or it can match the title of your book.

Then associate a word for each letter to that title, usually a word will bring other associations.

If you want to remember details about one aspect of the chapter bring it down to the chapter level.

I suggest going from broad to detailed much like activating a book. So terminology and jargons pertaining to the industry - broad. Words that fit one aspect of the subject, great for triggering recall if you made the images vivid - detailed.

eg... writing implements - broad
A - airbrush
B - brush
C - charcoal crayon
D - diamond tipped etching pen
E - erasor
F - feather / felt tip
G - graphite
H - highligher

Detailed
Brush -writing implement

S - shaft, W- wood handle P- Plastic handle F - Furell H - Hairs c- Camel S-sable, O - Ox, P Pig or Hog (*goh for my memory web and ABC) list A- Artist, D- Decorator, B- Broad, F- fan

As you can see this is still fairly broad in terms of Brush I can categorise it in types of brushes, parts of a brush, materials used in making a brush. If I can not get at least 20 (knowing I can usually create 3 or 4 wild additions) I look at analograffiti. This sets me up with a specific set of letters and I associate the subject to that. I know when it comes to recalling I need to call up the word and the letter associations I made to that word.

I've created ABC list for books and inserted them into the books as bookmarks. Funny thing is after creating the ABC list I was able to make some summaries about the book. Wrote them on the back.

Alex