Hi hartreefoch,

Like mgrego2, I haven't finished the course yet either, but here's my $.02 worth. It does sound like a contradiction and can be confusing and after thinking about it for a few moments this is what I came up with.

In the PRing step, the information is placed into your inner mind (your conscious mind doesn't have direct access to the information located in this area). New neurological pathways are laid down (and old pathways are revitalized or reinforced) simply as a result of exposure to the information even though you are not consciously aware of it.

Now, there are many different ways of gaining conscious awareness of the information that is located in your inner mind. That is what the activation step in PRing is all about. Your inner mind can also voluntarily hand over some information that you were consciously unaware of and need at any particular moment. This is called spontaneous activation.

I'm sure that you probably already know this given your confusion. Please forgive me if I sound condescending, I don't mean to be. I am used to explaining complex things to people who have no background knowledge and it's carrying over here. Besides I want to be as clear as I possibly can.

The "11 mile net" analogy as explained by Vera, applies to the information that is available to you in your conscious mind, NOT your INNER MIND (cpas are for emphasis only and not meant to be taken as yelling ). When you PR and activate a book, you build new threads and reinforce old ones leading to more available knowledge and a bigger more easily accessable memory net in your conscious mind.

What Vera says is true. Unless you properly store the information that you want to remember, you will have a tough time locating that info if you ever do. Let's try this. Think of a large public or university library where there is no organized system for storing or locating the books in that library. One day you walk in and want to check out the PRing book that Paul wrote. How in the world are you going to find it when you don't know where to look and can't be directed to the right location? If you look from shelf to shelf you might eventually find it, but it will probably take a long time.

Memory works in a similar fashion. You have to make sure to file or store the information correctly in order to find that information again in the future. You may be confusing the information in your inner mind with the information available to your conscious mind.

The Memory Optimizer course gives us a system for correctly storing the information that we wish to have future access to, kind of like a "Dewey Decimal System" for the brain.

Does that clear things up a bit or are you now more confused than ever?

Gregory