Originally Posted By: seasoned
[quote=photoread4me]What about Alex's statement that there is no instant activation that instant activation is impossible?

Code:
[code][code]How could it be called impossible?  besides, it is amazing what the brain can do.  Can anyone even really determine its limits? 
[/code][/code]

If that is the case Steve why do we not have millions and millions of people instantly reading and studying and memorizing 900 page textbooks, 1300 page textbooks in minutes? Why don't we have people getting their master degrees and phd's in 6 months instead of 6 or 7 years? The reason that is not happening is because that is not reality. It is a nice dream, a nice fantasy but that is not the real world. Also the conscious mind was not designed to handle that type of load.
 Originally Posted By: photoread4me
Did you forget what Alex said about the conscious mind being capable of only processing 7 to 9 bits of information?

EVERYONE keeps spouting this theory. BTW it is 7+-2, so it is 5-9! Vera mentions it a number of times. STILL, it OBVIOUSLY isn't bit like LETTER. If it were, we couldn't do anything. It is more like an INDEX! Vera ALLUDES to THAT as well. That is the whole idea behind her A-Z list. With NEW info, they appear to be, and probably often are, the SAME thing. With OLD info, they very much AREN'T! Given that, the 5-9 bits is not much of a limitation.

Originally Posted By: photoread4me
But here is the reality, here is the totally honest, frank, sincere truth.

From the position of a student too much is riding on your schoolwork mainly your future. By that i mean that you want to take school to the highest level you possibly can so you can ensure a bright, wonderful future economically and careerwise for you.

And you don't achieve that future by fooling around or wasting your time which is what you are doing when you do not do manual activation and expect instanteous activation.

Stop wasting your time. Your future is too important to fool around with unless you do not care about your future and have no desire to have a wonderful, beautiful future.

I'm sure that brain isn't simply studying schoolwork in this way. That would ALWAYS be dumb, as far as I am concerned.

Code:
And you are saying it took you FOUR years to make this thing useful for you? [/quote] [code] 
[/code]

Steve, i never said that. You are confusing my post with a post by Yukala. Yukala said that statement about taking four years.