There are LOTS of things that were possible LONG ago that people never did. Heck, people have scanned books long ago, but you don't hear much about it. The more you talk about photoreading, the more it sounds like just glorified scanning. And some people HAVE read books really fast with near perfect recall!

What if I said there was someone that "was able to memorize things from the age of 16-20 months. He read books, memorized them, and then placed them upside down on the shelf to show that he had finished reading them, a practice he still maintains. He reads a book in about an hour and remembers approximately 98.7% of everything he has read, memorizing vast amounts of information in subjects ranging from history and literature, geography, and numbers to sports, music, and dates. He can recall the content of some 12,000 books from memory."? BTW He uses BOTH eyes! NOT in unison as one unit like most people, but SEPERATELY! I put quotes around that because, someone else wrote it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Peak

OK, you will say he is not normal. OK, I will give you THAT. Still.....

Steve