hi stargate and all! meditation is nothing but saving up of your life force energy which was being wasted in the process of thinking (or say in un focused thinking).With my years of practice i have come to realize that any method would work for you ;provided you stick enough long!however some methods are better than others because they address more directly to your life force energy!."watching the thinker"as explained by ECKHART TOLLE and j. krishnamurthy ;and quang yin (simply sitting with your ears closed with the help of your fingers for enough long)are best in my experience.One really beautiful method is to focus on your tongues' movements and trying to arrest them (may be you'd have a hard time understanding it because its something new for you;i'll describe this method in detail later if you'd be interested!).Some crude meditations are-"journal writing"(SEE freenoting ALSO in http://www.winwenger.com)and sitting without doing anything(without doing anything means really without doing a thing!)