IMHO 'wellness' is best brought about through a multi-pronged approach focusing on health and wholeness. I feel best when I watch what I eat, get the proper amount of sleep at night, engage in some physical activity or exercise as well as allowing some down-time (physical, mental and emotional rest) during the day.

I think of it as a balanced lifestyle.

It also helps me to get out of myself - focus some of my energy on doing for others. If I get locked up in my own head too much I find that I'm in bad company. I have a tendency to brood and dwell on negatives too often and sometimes this turns into a self-reinforcing feedback loop; the worse I feel the more I brood which makes me feel worse and so I brood more and so on.

When that happens I stop whatever I'm doing and go take a walk or a motorcycle ride or spend some time trying to do a good turn for someone else. Or I pray.

I also do Reiki on myself at least once or twice a day. Finally, SFQ exercises are helpful to me in keeping things open and balanced. But again, I see it as just one tool in my toolbox. There are lots of other tools in there, and I have to use them all.

It's like building a birdhouse or something. If all I had was a hammer, I couldn't do a very good job.

But if I had a hammer

(there'd be no more folksingers!)

uh hem....as I was saying...if I had a hammer AND a saw AND a power drill AND a miter box AND some paint AND some brushes I could build a very nice little birdhouse, indeed.

There are a lot of tools out there - Reiki, SFQ, good diet and exercise programs, etc. Choose wisely from among them. Use ALL the tools you can find that you find are appropriate and might be helpful to you. Learn how to use them well, use them appropriately and use them often.

Just my $0.02

Last edited by monkbiker; 11/16/08 03:10 PM.