I also agree with what Gabby said about how things can sometimes feel like they're getting worse just before you make a breakthrough.

I remember seeing a video of a water droplet that was being bombarded by sound waves. There was a pattern of waves within the water drop that formed in response to the sound pressure. There were 5 stable little pinpoints of lights where these small waves intersected each other. As they increased the frequency the distortion patterns suddenly turned chaotic and for a brief moment there were sparkling little pinpoints all across the water drop as the small waves smashed into each other.
Then, all at once these small waves "reorganized into a higher level" and there were 8 stable small pinpoints of light.

The moral of the story is what Gabby just pointed out. It's also been expressed as "it's always darkest just before the dawn". When we're doing something new; physical exercise, Reiki, Qigong, martial arts or whatever - it's not uncommon to experience some resistance and even some degree of chaos right before we "escape into a higher level of organization".

Don't quit just before you have a breakthrough!

On Edit - it's called "cymatics". I found this video on YouTube. The fellow is using salt but the principal is the same.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp4igyujPm0

Last edited by monkbiker; 11/17/08 01:29 AM.