I had the same feelings Makemerry. Around the 3 month mark I thought that should have been enuff of a trial of SFQ...nothing had changed with my health, I have Chronic fatigue Syndrome, Asthma and when I'm in so much pain I get depressed. During the 4th month I gave up. Stop all qigong that I was dong. I got worse and was in chronic pain. My hip / leg and neck pain was so bad I was going to quit work. Doctors couldn't help me so I went back to SFQ...I had nothing to loose.

Like you I got feelings of being Frustraed and angry.So I started with 30mins of Small universe laying down and did the active exercises when I could.I think I was healing when I stopped doing SFQ but didn't realise I was healing becuase there were no improvements that I could see.

Within a month I started to feel a little better and customers commented at work how much better I was looking.Now at the 8 month mark I have no pain in my hips, a little pain in my kness. Hardly any pain in my neck, still some back pain. MY asthma has improve slightly. My chronic fatigue has improved slightly. My happiness levels are extremely high now and my stress levels are lowering. I still have a long way to go before I'm completely healed, but I know I will be completely healed in the future.

I am doing my SFQ in blocks of 30mins. I try for 2 x 30mins blocks a day or more. 1st I do Small universe then a couple of hours later I do my active exercise's, and If I have time I do another 30mins of which ever exercise I want...like Breathing of the universe and or Harmony of the univese. I used to be too ridged and do blocks of 1 hour of SFQ and that didn't suit me at all, only served to stress me out.

So key is to keep at it...atleast 30mins everyday and more as you have time. Don't be locked into doing it the same way everyday, chnge it round...do what you feel for that day Ie if you feel like doing 2 lots of Small universe and leaving out the active exercises for that day then do it that way.

Cheers and best of health

Uly