I'm happy to hear the healing stories here.

I have suffered from anxiety and depression for most of my life. I agree that there should be more than one method at "healing" your depression and anxiety.

What has worked for me in addition to regular SSFQ is exercise. Yes, exercise. For most people that is out of the question. I know that regular exercise changes the chemicals in your brain that lead to anxiety and sadness. I'm not talking about merely walking, find something that gets your blood moving quicker. This has helped me A LOT. Plus I feel younger and look better and have more stamina and energy. Please don't dismiss it, it will help most people.

I would like to echo the idea about serving others. This is also big. Forget yourself and help others who need assistance. I know that our ego plays a role in our depression and anxiety. We become fixated on ourselves too much. Try to reach out to others, friends family or people you come in contact with.

I think that if you follow everyone's advice here on the SFQ board you will see real improvements.

Without desire there is tranquility. And in this way all things would be at peace. -Lao Tzu