Great advice uniquesoul, thank you.

There is a lot of advice here that could work for many people and some that might not be as effective as others.

I think that helping a family with a cancer struggle would make me more depressed than better, but that's just me. Having gone through that already with my wife. That struggle is the source of my anxiety.

I recently saw a short video about beginning yoga describing the benefit of continued practice. It gave the example of a glass filled with water. Then it showed a dropper filled with blue ink dropping a single drop of the ink into the glass, no difference in the color of the water. Then it showed what the glass looked like after a week and then a month and then a year. By that time the water was pretty blue.
This shows how in our early effort we don't or hardly see any changes, then after a short while we begin to see a slight change then after we a see real changes etc.. This example can be used for almost anything, like qigong.

My advice for those who begin qigong, yoga, exercise whatever it is, that it's not a means to an end, it is now a part of your daily life forever.

JEFF

Last edited by JeffreyC; 11/20/08 04:45 PM.

Without desire there is tranquility. And in this way all things would be at peace. -Lao Tzu