Unlike Bella I don’t seem to get miracle quick healing benefits from any modality that I have tried so I thought it might be helpful to share with others who are similar.
I went to the October Qi Gong retreat to be healed of CFS and allergies which I have had for nearly twenty years.
At the retreat, I had a healing from Chunyi, plus one from a teacher plus the group healing each evening as well as all the sessions of meditation and active exercises, yet none of my symptoms changed. In fact one of the symptoms which had started to happen just before the retreat, aching heels, actually got so bad that I could only rest my feet on cushions and not the floor.
However I came back from the retreat totally inspired and ready to do Qi Gong in every waking hour to heal my CFS and allergies.. The first few days I had a really good feeling inside all the time. Every day I practiced half an hour of Active exercises followed by half an hour Small Universe.
Then I got depressed. The sky was grey for weeks, I missed the company of the dozens of like-minded people and all I wanted to do was sleep sometimes three times a day. I felt guilty that I wanted to heal yet was only dong an hour a day of practice towards it.
The next phase was anger and outrage at the state of the world and about everything that is not fair and my powerlessness to fix it. I raged and raged but I kept practicing. Then one night I watched a very moving documentary on TV and I cried and cried. The next day I felt great. The day after it was hard again but I kept doing my practice. I believe that the emotional upheavals are part of the healing that comes before that physical healing.
I am staying positive that I am just taking a little longer than most and just need to keep doing my hour in the morning, and stop feeling guilty that I don’t do enough. When that hour is absolutely locked in , I will add another half hour.

I forgot to mention that I did have a change after the retreat and omitted to see the importance of it. As soon as I start doing the active exercises I feel very focused and stay centered all the time and then the same with the meditation. This was not happening before. I now enjoy the practice time instead of doing it because it is good for me. So I guess that this is a precursor to my healing.
I have given up on so many practices because they didn’t appear to be working for me as they were for others but I am determined to stay with SFQG and make it a part of my life
So my encouragement to those of you who are slower to see the benefits of Spring Forest Qi Gong, join the path with others like myself and we can compare notes along the way.