I think you're being a little harsh here. If some new-agey authors are a bit shallow to you, remember that someone totally new to the subject might find it incredibly deep. Some "shallow" authors' books might be the perfect entry to a world of wonders. Why would you want to deprive them of that?

I kind of like reading Vitale's books, and sometimes I learn from them. That said, he does a LOT of self-promoting in all of his books, so if I buy one (I prefer to borrow one from the library most of the time), I know what I'm getting. He's entertaining, he's a good writer, and he seems to have a good time with it all. I think Vitale "gets it"--he's achieved wealth, probably a lot of wealth, and he's had a lot of fun in the process. Bonus--he probably does help some people.

But do YOU get it? You don't seem as though you're having a good time, and from your post, it almost seems as though you'd rather control what other people do than enjoy your own successes. The main message I get from your post is, don't practice or buy material from certain authors (or is it certain topics?) and that LSC shouldn't market such material, and if they do, they shouldn't use good marketing techniques.

Just some thoughts that came to me while reading your post.