The point of the $10 mi is that with a 4% rate of return on real estate investment, you can make about $400K a year gross. Take taxes and some other expenses away, you should have $200K to live on. After that you can decide what you can do with your time as long as you keep the same lifestyle you had before the wealth came to you. Of course, maybe you can buy $1 mi mansion to live in.

Most personal development gurus play games with money, like Wayne Dyer did when he "left" all his wealth and went to live a modest lifestyle in Hawaii to learn about a new spiritual path. He did not get rid of his money, but left it to somebody to look after it for a year. I am sure he did not get himself a factory or a waiters job living in rented flat in a poor part of town.

The point I make is that all these gurus partially pretend they incarnate what they preach. The partially varies from 1 to 30%. I am always amazed why certain gurus get cancer, divorce, etc, if they are totally peaceful and accepting everything in life.

According to geriatrists, we are meant to live up 120 years old, but nobody does. We are living longer in average than in the past. However, why do these gurus live no longer than normal people if they have achieved enlightenment of sorts? I am sure most of them eat organic, exercise daily, meditate, etc.