Hi again,
When I make a post, I make my best effort to offer help within the context of SFQ. It is good to lead by example. I learned that from Master Lin in a small but awkward encounter I had with him, where I was criticizing something. The lesson was more or less, set the example, don't criticize. I am not saying this in reaction to anything said here. It is just an opportunity to share something I found to be very useful within qigong wisdom ala Master Lin's level of example.
The more experience you have with qigong, the more you can offer in that context. I find that qigong lacks nothing and includes everything. Currently, I have been drinking some white mulberry leaf tea. I was attacted to it for many reasons, both academic and spiritually driven. I never drink it without clearing it, like with sword fingers, or infusing it with my intention, or having my master's energy bless it. Again, I just take the opportunity here to put an aspect of herb use within the context of qigong. I also thank the plant itself, and the source of the plant, as well as the water . There are elementals within the mix, that have both physical and spiritual presence. In regards to engaging with herbs or medicines, aside from the discernment as to whether or not they are good for you or not, 'if' you are utilizing them, don't leave the qigong out of that equation. We know that we can transform energy. I recall again another example of Master Lin effecting a bottle of wine to effect the alcohol content, as not to effect him, or altering water to taste sweet or salty, etc.
There is also the unaware intention we may project into something, that empowers it to work for us. Lots of possible variables in play.
Also, don't discount the effectiveness of yin/yang water. From one simple standpoint, it is simply warm and good for the tummy/lower dan tien. It isn't caffeinated, it is calming. From another perspective, you can make it medicine, infusing it with what you require. The potential is there, to create or receive what you require. It is relative to one's ability, and practice makes perfect, strong focus manifests effectively. Whether you are comfortable with these concepts or not, if you have interest in qigong, utilize it along with any herbs you take. Bring the herb, into the practice. Leaving qigong technique aside and just engaging with an herb as an alternative to qigong, is not as good.
love,
gallen