Hi Uly,
It would be helpful for you to revisit what the definition of a healer is, and what a healer can do. As a healer, there are many things you can do for others, and some things they have to do for themselves.

Regarding your future interests in teaching and helping other people, the blockages that you work with transforming in yourself, are perhaps your most valuable teachers. Gains made there can translate well in reference to working with others.
Not to discount the self healing that comes from helping others.

The best way to honor a system, or a way to do something, is to fully engage with it, and focus on it. Complete systems have the way to work with others, self practices and specific technique behind them, as well as related lineages/teachers/elders, and sometimes even well defined master's energies. I know that fully honoring and respecting one way, is very good. Every specific way should have it's own time, and should be fully empowered with your confidence in it, and ideally, find you fully engaged with the relative self practice behind it.

I also agree fully with sly's post, and regarding Skipper's post, I have certainly had times where outside perspective from a trusted and reliable source can be very helpful when I can't see the forest through the trees.
love,
gallen