There are many good martial arts Karate, Tae Kwondo, Muay Thai, escrima, Savate, Judo, Krav Maga, Silat, Tai Chi, Wing Chun, Brazilain Jiu Jitsu and the list goes on....

So what are your strenghts are you good at punching, kicking, grapling, are you flexable, are you Muscular,are you slightly built, are you fit, are you fast? All these things you should look at before joing a martial.

I have been training martial arts most of my life...Taekwondo, Silat Perisai Diri, Fighting style Tai Chi. It really built up my confidence. I have never been in a fight and im proud of that record. Your right there is a aura that martial artist have and not many want to fight them once they know that ( I had 8 guys try to pick on my sister and a mate of mine, one was a huge bodybuilder. Once I got into one of my martial art stances none of them wanted to fight anymore. I think I was lucky they were more mouth than fight). But there are those that will and there are guns out there too, which you generally can't fight against.

I would take a good look at your anger issues, they are probably attracting these type of people into your life. Anger will stop you from being a good martial artist, and will make your mind confused and you wont be able to fight as well. Anger will cause you to go looking for fights (subconciously) and you will eventully meet one of these people who can fight better than you.

Always find a martial art that teaches the spiritual side and the energetic or Chi side of the martial art and one that doesn't promote thugery.

Ask your masters or the universe before you do SFQ or meditation for help in dealing with your anger, and then wait for the help to show up.

Good luck

Uly