Yesh, I've heard of that. It must be how some people are able to move objects and bend spoons etc.

"And the most important thing is that you have to do it yourself.
No one else can do it for you."

...and that's the catch, isn't it? I am sure I'm not the only one who reads a self-help book, thinks 'This is great' and then, after a day or two, has stopped doing the exercises. I think it's my subconscious trying to stop me making changes. I tried to make a big change recently, and ended up going through all sorts of emotions, and getting depressed - my subconscious playing tricks, no doubt. I used Natural Brilliance and Instant Confidence (Paul McKenna) to release a lot of the stuckness, but I ended up throwing in the towel in the end.

The worst self-help tools, from a practical point of view, are those that make you feel good by offering you ideas and theories, but few practical ways to put them into action. Did someone say Wayne Dyer, then?

But even the books and courses that do offer strategies still rely on the person to put them into practice. This is where the LCS courses (and others that include hypnosis sessions) really shine, because the Paraliminals do a lot of it for you. But you know, even then, I've had long spells where I just haven't even taken the action to put a tape in the player and set a goal. Why, oh why? I've had 'Abundance For Life', 'Resiliency' and 'Boundless Renewal' for over 4 years now, and I've never actually gone through them.

Trouble with all this LOA stuff, is that it's too vague. If you try, and don't get the results you want, even though you follow the plan to the letter, 'you must be doing something wrong'. Maybe it just doesn't work!

I feel it's far more down to hard work and chance, than some mystical universal law we can plug into and manipulate. Maybe my mind will change. I did order the 'Effortless Success', and am awaiting its arrival with eager anticipation. It will look ever so nice on the shelf next to all the other self-help courses I buy and never actually use.