Hey Intentional One,
Thank YOU for your reply.
Actually I got a real win from reading your original posting. I settled down last night and started to rearrange and play with the wording of my 5 most important affirmations.
I got a lot more clarity.

I went back and relistened to Jack's sessions around making affirmations and wrote the steps down AGAIN. I suddenly noticed that I have missed the first step: = taking the decision. DECISION. Jack took the decision to live a prosperous and wealthy life including a wealthy lifestyle FIRST, THEN he wrote his affirmation.

Well I skipped the DECISION step and went straight on to writing my prosperity affirmation. Even as I wrote it I could feel all sorts of conflicts and fears I have surrounding letting me loose with limitless wealth - is it ethical to live like that? - where is all that wealth supposed to come from? - who says the universe is really infinitely abundant? - what if I take too much and leave too little for others? - if I do manage to generate all this wealth, then I will have to live a different life, do I really want that?

So I listened to Jack's prosperity affirmation CAREFULLY. I noticed it was actually quite long and detailed (he mentions his source is God), he quiets those inner voices by using the phrase 'in everyone's best interests' [my words, so not an exact quote].

I thought of you and not getting exactly what you wanted - which now turns out you got exactly what you didn't want. I now believe that affirmations too, may have to be worked through. I am going to create a long version which is specific and CREDIBLE to me. I'll change words and intentions as I work through my fears and conflicts and resistence to 'effortless wealth'. I want to say things to myself in the mirror that are not only credible, but attainable, and well-argued. That should over-ride my inner critic who does so much to deflate my dreams and sabotage my realising them.

Stay in touch.
French Claire