G'day Uniquesoul,
I love your affirmation guidelines - crystal clear and I've taken note of them.

For your clarity, the guidelines given in ES are as follows:
* Start with "I am" to bring it into the present tense
* Make a positive statement
* Use an action verb
* Keep the statement brief and concise
* Include a feeling word.
* Make affirmations for yourself, not others.
extracted from ES, page 25 course one (of three)

As per ES instructions, I first wrote 101 goals and then refined those down to 5, for which I made affirmations. This was fine, lots of fun, empowering and very creative.

However I witnessed a lot of 'noise' or mind-chatter to do with whether I deserve what I want, is the universe abundant enough to provide it, is it ethical etc.

Then I spotted Jack's original prosperity affirmation (on CD) which reads:
"God is my infinite supply. Large sums of money come to me quickly and easily under the grace of God, for the highest good of all concerned, as I easily and effortlessly earn, spend and invest 100,000 dollars."

I became aware that Jack also appears to use techniques to allay the concerns of that inner critic. Also elements to re-programme ineffective thoughts / behaviours. I consider that affirmation quite lengthly (not a "brief and concise statement" as suggested). So I am now re-wording my affirmations to include clauses that reassure my inner critic and allow me to wholeheartedly embrace my affirmations.

What I am enjoying about ES is there are so many tools to overcome just about any wall I encounter. My first wall was sticking in the fantasizing stage and not actually committing affirmations to paper; the next issue was resistance to the words/meanings used in my affirmations. Today I witnessed myself avoiding taking action to achieve my goals (too busy, procrastinating) so now I am following Jack's rule-of-five (take five actions per day) except I have gentled it down to two-a-day.

Ciao, ciao French Claire
My current jingle: I'm achieving my goals, two steps at a time.